Dioxide Materials™ is creating a new chemical value chain using carbon dioxide and renewable energy (instead of oil and gas) as a feedstock for the synthesis of high value fuels and chemicals. We are also developing a new generation of low-cost, low-powered CO2 electrochemical sensors for Demand Controlled Ventilation (DCV) of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems. The devices are microscale versions of the CO2 electrolyzers being developed for CO2 conversion. As outlined in the plan below, our technology will create thousands of jobs and will make the U.S. the world leader in the reduction of greenhouse gases.
Advantages of our electrolyzer technology:
- Reduced CO2 emissions.
- Reduced use of fossil fuels.
- Path to renewable fuels and chemicals.
- Potential to consume millions of tons of CO2
- Allows CO2 “sequestration” where local geology is unsuitable for underground storage.
Advantages of our CO2 sensor technology:
- Dioxide Materials’ sensors can be used as a drop in replacement for incumbent NDIR CO2 sensors.
- Require 3 orders of magnitude less power.
- Much lower cost.
- Easy installation since no special wiring is needed.
- Can run on batteries or solar cells.
- Useful in the retrofit market, where wiring costs preclude the use of incumbent sensors.