Anion Exchange Membranes
Dioxide Materials is developing Anion exchange membranes (AEMs) which can be used in technology that will help address three key megatrends:
- Global warming/greenhouse gas emissions
- Shift to renewable energy, need for energy storage, energy poverty, & energy independence
- Shift from fossil fuels to renewable fuels and chemicals
Comparison of the conductivity of new Dioxide Materials™ membranes to the best that have been reported in the literature in 1 M KOH.
Sustainion™ Membranes & Ionomers
Polarization Curve varies with different amounts of XA catalyst additive in cathode layer
- Polarization curve varies with different amounts of Sustainion™-XA5 to the cathode layer in a cell with a Sustainion™-XM4 membrane.
- We can obtain currents of 1.4 amps (280 mA/cm²) at 3 volts with a Sustainion™-XM4 membrane and Sustainion™-XA5 ionomer.
Sustainion™-XM1 membrane and an optimal amount of Sustainion™-XA7 in the cathode catalyst layer
Sustainion™-XA6 in the catalyst layer
We can maintain 600 mA/cm² at between 3.25 and 3.35 V.